Saturday, October 13, 2012

The past few weeks...

Have been insane! For Koda's birthday, he got a guitar from gma, gpa, and Dan. Since he got back from Kodiak, that's all he'd been talking about wanting. So, we signed him up for beginner group classes at a music place just a mile down the street, and he loves it! He can play a few simple songs already. He also started YMCA basketball a couple weeks ago, and has practice every Monday and games every Saturday afternoon. It's pretty hilarious watching these 8-10 year olds run up and down the court. His first game was last Saturday, and he even scored twice! He was on cloud nine!

Brayden is Koda's right hand man and is glued to his side 24/7. He's sad when Koda leaves for school in the morning, and asks me multiple times when he's going to be back home....every day! He has developed quite the attitude, and picks up on bad language/smart little quips easily...so we really have to watch what we say around this kid! But if he catches anyone else saying something they shouldn't, he's the first to call you out on it!

Kylee has became quite the little diva, and is SO adorable! I was getting frustrated because she really didn't say hardly anything...ever. And she'll turn 2 next month. But the past few weeks or so, her vocabulary has exploded. We know she doesn't have a hearing problem, as she understands virtually everything you say and will follow directions (when it suits her). I think she just got what she wanted without having to talk, so why make the effort?! Her hair has finally grown long enough to "play" with, and she actually enjoys getting her hair done! She doesn't necessarily stay still, but she still enjoys sitting in front of the mirror and playing while I attempt pigtails, or twists, or whatever. She still has quite a bit of curl in her hair, but I can tell as it gets longer, it probably won't last...darnit! She is really excited for her new little brother, and she points to the ultrasound pictures or my tummy all the time and screams "BABY"! I think she may be in for a rude awakening in February.

George is still working DOT construction engineering...aka-babysitting contractors. It's not the most exciting work, but it pays the bills well! While he hasn't had weekends off or anything (still working 7 days a week), he's usually home by 5ish, so it's been nice not feeling like a single parent like summer's past!

I am taking my last class, Organic Chemistry 2, plus the lab, this semester. I hate the class, love the lab. I suppose it's just really hard content to understand. It's discouraging when you're 5 points ahead of the average and still technically failing! I'm hoping to do better on the next couple tests (the grade is simply the average of 4 tests....nothing else, which sucks!), and hoping for a little bit of a curve at the end. At this point, I'd be happy to get a C, which would be the only non-A or B on my transcript! In July, I started working at Providence Hospital in the Emergency Room a couple days a week. I work as a scribe, which is assigned to one physician each shift. I follow my physician around and document all the medical information as they're performing the exams, tests, and procedures. It's pretty interesting, and I'm learning a TON of terminology, procedures, reading Xrays, CT's, and MRI's,etc. Plus, it's always interesting to see what all comes into the ER.....a seweing needle stuck in a woman's leg (I'm talking DEEP in her calf) for the past 2 weeks, insanely disgusting abscesses (I know....but it's just so crazy gross interesting), traumas, and tons and tons of sniffles, sneezes, back aches, etc.

On another note, baby Blake (I think that's going to stick, since I can't convince George to name this one Jaxson is growing well, and I've been feeling pretty darn good. I'm just over 22 weeks, definitely have a baby bump/basketball belly, and haven't really had many of the usual pregnancy ailments since getting over morning sickness around 13 weeks. I'm hoping the rest of this pregnancy goes as well as it's going at this point!

And now for the (maybe) big news....we went to check out a HUD/bank owned house on Tuesday, and made an offer on it Wednesday. The HUD bidding process ended last night at midnight, so we're on pins and needles waiting to see if we're the "winning" bid. It's a pretty simple cookie-cutter house (which anyone who knows me, knows I HATE those), but it has 500 more square feet than we have now, a 2 car garage (instead of a carport), and a large covered back deck (nice for year-round!). It's also in a nice neighborhood (Independence Park), and we'd only be moving literally about a mile down the road! And the best part? The asking price is about $50k less than the market value of the place! We should know whether they accepted our offer sometime today. If so, we'll be in there by the beginning of December!

And on a final note, we're on baby watch, as my best friend, Lucy, went into the hospital to be induced about a day and a half ago. She's been having a tough time, but hopefully today things will progress a bit faster and we'll get to meet this sweet little girl! I can't wait to be able to go in and hold a little baby, welcome my best friend into motherhood, and having mommy-daughter pedicure dates together in the future!

No comments: