Friday, January 28, 2011

That's life...

     I just finished my 3rd week of classes. Not only is it all changed up because I'm only taking math and science classes, but I'm full time for the first time in 2 years, and we've added 2 kids since then! Let's just say I feel a little like a mom, wife, student, taxi driver, maid, cook, cow (still nursing) referee, etc, etc. I think I really need a clone.
     I went into this semester thinking I was just going to KILL it! I was ready, had my books (even started reading a bit ahead!), and wanted to go back to school and get out of the house for a while SOOOO bad. But, then I figured out exactly what Trigonometry was. It blows. Seriously, I don't think I'll ever use it again. But, alas, I think that Medical Schools want to put prospective students through misery before they get there to make sure they can hack medical school. Basically, I'm hoping that I can pull 2 A's and a B (although I'm pretty sure it'll be 1 A and 2 B's....or all three B's. who knows!). To make matters a bit more complicated, UAA may not be offering Organic Chemistry over the summer, and since they HAVE had it every summer in the past (10+ years), I really, really counted on taking it! Depending on how I work my classes and how much work I think I can maintain next year without hurting my GPA (or neglecting my kids and hubby!), the no summer O-Chem may just put me back applying to medical school for an entire year! We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm contemplating bribing the Chemistry chair to push to have it this summer by leaving baked goods and desperate notes in his office for him! He already thinks I'm nuts taking pre-med classes with 3 kids.....and he thinks George is nuts (downright delusional, he would say!) because he actually is looking forward to staying home with the kids (until they're all in school) once I start medical school! But, hey...If the baked goods bribery doesn't work, at least I'll ensure a great reference letter from him later on!
   On another note, Koda started wrestling this week. He has it 3 day a week (three days in a row!) Tues-Thurs for an hour and a half! It's a bit crazy, but I think he's really in love with the sport. So far he mainly sees it as some good ol' fashioned roughhousing.....but with rules. He's in heaven. And it's downright entertaining watching all these little guys (and ONE little girl....she's pretty fiesty!). The warmup of jumping jacks and pushups would make almost anyone laugh out loud. They just have no clue. I took a couple videos with my iPhone last night, and next week, I'll try to remember the real video camera to get some good footage to share!
   And as a quick update, all the kids are doing well....Koda's a champion reader and is doing 3rd grade math! We just had the kids' doctor checkups a couple weeks ago, and Brayden's 75% for both height and weight....which is great, because we've really started cracking down on his bad eating habits. He likes virtually nothing. Unless it's sweet. Then that's all he'll eat. He won't touch cheese...unless it's in a sandwich. And not just any sandwich....it has to be YOUR sandwich, because he refuses to eat one if you make it for HIM! Same with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He likes eating off of other people. Any kind of fruit he'll eat at any time. That's pretty much his only thing he'll consistently eat! So......if he doesn't eat a meal, he doesn't get anything until the next meal...including dinner. So he's went to bed pretty hungry a few times. Kylee, on the other hand, wants to eat ALL THE TIME! Lately she's been cluster feeding, which really sucks on days that I have more than 1 class! He hates the bottle, but tolerates it when she's hungry enough. Except with me. She KNOWS that I have the goods, and she'll scream bloody murder if I try to give her a bottle! Other than that, she's doing really well, and she's a great baby! She's started smiling quite a bit over the past week, and can usually catch her in a "smiley" mood at least once a day. It totally makes my day!

And unfortunately, I have no pictures to share! I've been slacking on taking pictures....but really, who wants to see me driving Koda to school, going to school myself, eating (somewhere in between stuff), picking Koda up, feeding Kylee, cleaning, cooking (occasionally!)......because that's pretty much all we've done. But...Super Bowl is approaching, and the weekend after that I'm trying to twist George's arm to spend a weekend at Alyeska. Then we'll have some pictures!

No comments: