Thursday, February 24, 2011

I know.....

I've been slacking n my blogging duties. And no, I have no pictures to post with this, so you're just going to have to read without pictures. It's like you're 10 again, and someone's making you read a novel when all you want is a darn picture book. Anyways, I DO however, have some good excuses for the lack of blogging! #1-SCHOOL. It's pretty much been killing me this semester. 2 labs, and 3 classes that are all either math or science. Definately a change of pace from my all history days, and it's really hard to get used to! I mean, I seriously haven't studied any of this since high school.....which reminds me that our 10 YEAR reunion is this summer! Makes me feel a bit old. So I've both slacked on my school work at times (I had to do almost 2 weeks of math homework last weekend to catch up in that class....and to understand material for the test yesterday!), and also studied like a mad woman. Monday night, after an FULL day of classes and kids (literally, my Mondays consist of getting me and kids up and ready starting around 6:30am, taking the younger ones to usually my mom's or grandmas, Koda to school, me to my 1st class...Chemistry lab bright and early at 8:30 Monday mornings...don't ask why I did that. A break of about an hour and a half, where I have to race over to wherever Kylee is and feed her, then feed myself, then another class. Then go pick Koda up from school....and pick up Kylee and Brady. Head home to feed them something...unless my mom is here, then she fixes something....man, I love her! And then back off to class until almost 7pm!) Yep...that's my Monday. Monday's suck. Anyways, after I got home this past Monday, I got the kids to bed (8pm-ish), and started studying for my Chemistry midterm. And I seriously didn't stop until 1:30 am! Probably the most I've ever studied at one time. But....I found out this morning that I SET TE CURVE FOR THE CLASS! Yes, a class of almost 100, and I was the *smartest* (read: best guesser) in the class! Yay for padding my grade there! I DO have hope now to pull off an A in this class! Seriously, this is a huge feat for me. I'm pretty used to getting all A's and B's (in fact the only C I ever got was in jr. high....and I'd still argue with Mr. Pargeter that I deserved a B), but I'm usually not at the top of the class! I suppose if there was ever a time to be there, now would be it! A high science GPA would definately help me get into medical school in a couple years!

So yes, that's my big accomplishment for the week.

And in the course of this week, I have had the longest Chemistry lab of my life (seriously, over 3 hours), a brutal Chemistry midterm, a Biology lab exam (since when do labs have exams, anyways? stupid.), a trigonometry midterm, and I'll finish it off on this coming Monday wih a Biology midterm. Phew.

Ok, enough with school. Seriously...I have three kids too.And surprisingly, Brady has been *almost* an angel this week! He's went to bed (and his naps) fairly well, we got him to eat a few new things (almost a miracle), and he's been in a pretty good mood for the most part! Koda is the easiest kid, as always. Seriously, although he doesn't listen very well (Hello! He's 6.), he really is a pretty obedient and very caring kid. And he loves his little brother and sister to death! He's in that stage where he says "Mom, I love you" or "mom, you're the best mom ever" at random times. :) Yeah, he's pretty awesome!
And then there's my little Princess Isabella. Seriously, that's pretty much her nickname. My dad's probably going to KILL me if Isabella ends up really sticking, because he's lectured me numerous times on how to never name your kid something and then call them by their middle name. BTW-did you know his name is actually Carl? No? Thats because his parents wanted to call him David (his middle name) his whole life. It really is a pain when it comes to someone's legal name. But....Kylee Isabella is just so darn cute, and she goes by pretty much anything at this point. Kylee, Isabella, bellabug, belly, izzy, iz, ky-ky, etc. And I just can't get enough of her. She's been my only cuddly baby (so far), and the only one able to breastfeed, so it's been really nice getting to bond with her in a way I wasn't able to with the boys. She's definately a momma's girl too....she recognizes my voice and face and smell, and always quiets down if she's upset when I'm even near!  

On another note, we're heading to Homer tomorrow for Koda's first wrestling tournament! It should be interesting. And we're definately taking the video camera, so if we get good footage, I'll make George figure out how to post it on here! :) I'm pretty much a tech-idiot. And.....that also means that I get to spend my 27th birthday in Homer at a tournament all day! Not that I really mind much...my little family will be together, and it's something different! Plus, Tuesday night, we leave for Phoenix for a week! I'm so excited!!! We're staying at our friend's place (Jared and Morgan), and seriously can't wait to visit them and beat the tar out of them at nerts! Yes, that's right Morgan if you're reading this....it's on. And to see George's oldest brother, Alvin, and his family. And the sun. The warm. And a REAL mall. Yeah, just overall excited!

No comments: