Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Other November fun!

In November, George, Koda, and my mom spent a week down in Arizona sprucing up my parents house down there. They spent a LOT of time painting, redoing light switches, and the like. The DAY they were to come home, George called me with a "surprise". He and Koda fell in love with a little puppy at the pet shop! She was a little older...about 6 months.....spunky, fun, and lovable! She is a half Yorkie, half Maltese....which makes her a Morkie. It took a couple days to figure out a name for her, but the "official" full name is Arizona Lulu, but we call her Zona. Brayden, in particular, fell in love with her and she's officially "his" dog! 




Also, the end of November came gingerbread house decorating time! This is an old Oberg family tradition, and with the exception of my teen years, I think I've made a gingerbread house pretty much every year! My grandpa Oberg made metal baking molds for gingerbread to create the sides and roofs of the houses. We put them together with royal white icing, let them harden, and then let the kids go to town on them! The past few years, George and/or his brother Alan have done an "adult" house, including a fairly impressive, specially engineered candy-lego chimney in 2010. It's gotten pretty rediculous. Here the boys (and Ky) are showing off their houses!

No comments: