Saturday, March 27, 2010

Demolition Day

Today, we started the demo on our upstairs bathroom! Actually, George is working, so my dad and Dan started the demo. And unfortunately, they started on it before I got back home this morning, so I didn't get any complete before pictures. Bummer. Just suffice it to say it was gross. The tub is almond colored (not that it's a big thing, I just really don't like almond), and the shower surround is one of those 3 piece, caulk together quick things. Not a huge deal either, except it's probably the original from when it was built in the late 70's or early 80's. AND....it was cracked in numerous places. The last time I attempted to clean it, I sprayed pure bleach on the caulking, let it set, and then scrubbed it with a toothbrush. It's still black. So nasty. So, I get home, and Dan already has half of the surround off. Although the sheetrock underneath (apparently they didn't know what durarock/backerboard was back then?!) didn't appear TOO disgusting, when they got the sheetrock off the wall, THIS is what we saw:
I almost feel like a bad mom for letting my kids bathe right next to this! (with a plastic, plus a sheetrock barrier). It made me want to puke.
Needless to say, I can't wait for our new tub and tile!

No comments: