Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today.

Nothing much exciting today. I woke up at 3:30am to the standard "ma ma....MA MA" until I went to Brady's door, gave him a kiss and a hug and told him it was still night-night time. Since Koda left for Kodiak, I think Brayden wakes up in the middle of the night, realizes he's alone, and wants someone! Breaks my heart. He's so darned cute sometimes. He then woke up when George got up at 6:00am, but George got him back down, and I was able to sleep until 8!!! That's definately the latest I've slept in in a looooong time! I feel like such an old woman saying that. At least I have the knees to back it up :)

We got the news last night that my brother-in-law, Evan (George's younger brother), fell while he was hiking....or climbing...we don't know and was in the hospital. We'd been checking out facebook pics that a few of his friends had taken earlier in the month of them freeclimbing rock walls. And not exactly small rock walls. Seriously....some seriously dangerous (aka-stupid) stuff. Well, it got the better of him, and while they didn't know the extent of his injuries, this morning we find out that it's a broken elbow (OW!), some good bruises and gashes all over, and a chipped hipbone. We're just happy he's alright and that he wasn't hurt worse. But seriously....who in the right mind freeclimbs (ie: climbing without ropes/harnesses/etc)???

My parents came over this morning and the 5 of us (them, my 2 munchkins, and I) went garage sale-ing. Totally struck out. IF we had the space, I would have bought Brady this super cute little play kitchen (he LOVES playing kitchen), but...alas, I have been trying to clear out clutter from the house for the past couple weeks.

When I got the kids down to naps, I was able to go to Target KID-FREE! So nice. My parent were at my place doing some work on the back door my dad and George installed a few weeks ago. When I got back (without the totes I went for, but WITH 10 1L bottles of soda....hey, they were $1 each, and Brady's birthday party is next Saturday!), my dad had not only sanded around the drywall/tape/spackle to get it ready for George to texture, but he also tightened down the sink faucet that has been driving me crazy! It seems to work its way loose every couple months! Seriously, my dad rocks.

The kids and I ran errands after their naps-dropping George's motorcycle pants off to get the zipper replaced, mailing Koda some goodies that included his National Geographic magazine, a book, and a card/letter, and hitting up Partycraft for ideas for Brady's birthday. We also stopped off at Great Harvest Bread Co, which for those of you not in AK, is THE BEST place to get bread! It's to die for. And they give you a huge hunk of bread (not a slice) when you get there. My mom has taught Brayden that it's the "Num Num store", so every time we drive into the parking lot, all I hear is "num num num num num". Too stinkin' adorable! A bit ironic that he won't even eat anything there. Crazy boy.

I'm excited because tomorrow George is only working a few hours....which means a half day off with my sweetie! And I think while he's at work, and if it's a nice day out, I may attempt a 6-8 mile run :) On the coastal trail, of course. And some math. I have 4 sections to do and an extra-credit problem to complete before Monday morning's class. On the upside....only 1 more week of class left! My final is on the 20th, and it couldn't come fast enough! This week includes: getting together on Monday with a friend I've never actually gotten to hang out with (without a group)....but we feel like natural friends. It's kinda fun to have that feeling :)......2 Calc review sessions, test #5, getting Sparky groomed (yay for a handsome little doggie!), making a cake, cupcakes, shopping for food, grilling, making yummy sparkling "slush", etc for Brady's birthday party. And, if there's time on Saturday (ie: if I make the cake Friday), go out to cheer on my brother, Scott, towards the middle and/or finish line of his half-marathon! Busy week, but I'd better enjoy it because come next Monday (the 20th) after my final, I'll feel like I'm bored and doing nothing all the time! 
In other news.....THIS mop of curls will be lopped off in T minus 7 days! His birthday party theme is Operation: Haircut. Oh, and trains.

No comments: